Southwest PDP Upturns Chairman’s Suspension In Oyo.

Image
The Southwest zonal office of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday upturned the suspension of the Chairman of the party in Ibadan North East Local Government of Oyo State, Taiwo Iyiola, over alleged anti-party activities.  It said the suspension of Iyiola by the State Working Committee (SWC) was arbitrarily without any preliminary hearing as demanded by the party’s constitution.  PDP spokesman in Oyo State Akeem Olatunji said on the phone that the Zonal Secretary, Daisi Akintan, who signed the letter reinstating the suspended chairman, lacked power to act without the consent of the Zonal Chairman, Dayo Ogunbenro. He said the purported letter was null and void.

Elton John ๐ŸŽน Recalls the Moment He First Started Using ๐Ÿšซ Cocaine

Elton John is looking back at his life ahead of the release of his new memoir "Me" and he's opening up about his struggles with addiction.

The 72-year-old entertainer opened up to NBC's Harry Smith about the moment he first encountered cocaine.

"I saw someone doing cocaine and I said, 'Well, what is he doing?' and he said, 'Well, it makes you feel free,'" Elton said. "And I thought, 'Hmm, I was always on the outside looking in as far as, like, school and I was never a member of the gang, or whatever. So, I thought, 'I'm going to try that.'"

"I liked it because I could talk," he continued. "I was very shy, so I thought, 'This is the drug that has opened me up. I can converse, I can be verbose.'"

Elton abused the drug for ten years until his friend Ryan White died from AIDS in April 1990. He became sober six months later and soon after launched the Elton John AIDS Foundation.

Comments

Popular Posts

Special UK visa for Hong Kong residents from Sunday

Solskjaer Defends๐Ÿ™ Man Utd's Transfer Policy Amid Fan Backlash๐Ÿ˜ฏ